Come join the rangers and volunteers at Ball’s Bluff on July 9, 2011 as we dedicate the artillery pieces recently acquired by the battlefield park. These authentic and working replicas – two mountain howitzers and a James rifle – represent the three Union field pieces that were used during the battle. Admission is free.
- 11:00 am – Presentation of the colors and Pledge of Allegiance – Boy Scouts of America color guard
- 11:05 am – Welcome and Introductions – George Tabb, Park Manager
- 11:10 am – Role of the artillery at the Battle of Ball’s Bluff – Jim Morgan, volunteer battlefield guide
- 11:20 am – Remarks by NVRPA Park Operations Director – Chris Pauley
- 11:30 am – Dedication of the Artillery – Chris Pauley
- 11:40 am – Artillery Demonstration – Re-enactors.
- 12:00 pm – Ceremony Concludes.