On May 21, the Waterford Foundation hosts “Civil War Day” in Waterford, Virginia.
From the Foundation’s flyer:
Join Us for
“Civil War Day in Waterford”
Saturday, May 21, 2011
10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Color Guard provided by Loudoun Rangers Re-enactors and Sons of Confederates and Union Veterans.
- 10:00 – Dedication of Loudoun Rangers historic marker at John Wesley Community Church AND 10:45 “Waterford: Unionist Stronghold” Civil War Trails sign at Waterford Baptist Church
- 11:30 – Wreath Laying Ceremony to honor all Veterans of the Civil War
- Noon– Lunch for purchase (call to reserve yours) AND
Between Reb and Yank and Civil War Pocket Guide signing by authors Taylor Chamberlin and John Souders at the Old School
- 1:00 – Talk by Mosby scholar Horace Mewborn on the 1862 Battle at the Baptist Church between the Loudoun Rangers and White’s Cavalry
- 2;00 – Guided walking tour of Civil War sites in Waterford
$5 DONATION SUGGESTED. Information at waterfordfoundation.org or 540-882-3018
Please use the map below to help plan your trip to Waterford: